I caught nothing but a sunburn. SPRING STRIPERS ON THE HOUSATONIC RIVER - Early striped bass action abounds along this south-western Connecticut river. Can you say jealous? The Housatonic River piece is off at the editorial suites of Eastern Fly Fishing; it’s due out in the Feb/March 2019 issue.Next project is a feature for the same mag on the Farmington River. by Will Sirotnak. The days I did get out, give me some success. Ten years since I wrote this? Because there are tons of natural food around? At least Ive seen them at the Housatonic. So I believe I was at Hog Island? Posted on 11/08 /2020 | by RichZ. The waters of the Housatonic River may be cooling off as winter nears, but striper fishing above the Sikorsky Memorial Bridge should keep things warm up top for some time. All of Connecticut's rivers flow into the Long Island Sound and from there the waters mix into the Atlantic Ocean. when the stream levels are okay. There has been alot of Spanish guys catching them where the 2 rivers meet that have been undersize that they have been keeping and alot of over size with sand worms... As for CT river it has been great too this year.... Yeah Derby dam has been good, i went down the other day and got one on the second cast of the day on a popper. This statement is by and large true for wade anglers, but how is the fishing when it is at1500 CFS? Haven’t taken fingers to keyboard yet, but I’ll be out this week shooting photos on the river with UpCountry Sportfishing’s Torrey Collins (hopefully his gf Mandy will be joining us). See Also. Tons of people, so I didn't stay too long. I tried 9" silver and black houdini shad, 5" shad, The guy at the bait shop near that pizza place said yellow is a popular color so far, so I bought a big yellow $15 split crank, I had some frozen bunker. Thank you for reading this Housatonic River Fishing Report. Keep an eye on flow. I saw at least a dozen of them just sitting at the surface. Striped bass are on the move and the action has started to pick up. DEEP Angler's Guide; Fishing License; Trout Unlimited (National) TU Connecticut Council; TU national conservation issues; Weekly Fishing Report; Join. Gadzooks! River Report 3-6-2020 Upper Housatonic – The Hous is flowing at approximately 1,850 cfs at the moment. Mouth of the Housatonic River Fishing Report. These fish become what are called holdover fish, as they take residence in the river and hold there until spring. Ian Devlin of Devlin Charters. RBO FISHING REPORTS NOVEMBER 15th 2019 The arctic blast this week reminded me of what is to come. “There are a lot of aspects of the Housatonic that make it a great fishing river,” says Rob Nicholas, a veteran guide and expert fisherman, who lives in Cornwall CT where be operates Housatonic Anglers. Best Shore Fishing Locations on the Tidal Housatonic River – by Leon Sylvester for CBS Connecticut (click here). Welcome to Housatonic Anglers, LLC Since 1993, Rob Nicholas (owner & head guide) has been guiding and teaching fly fishing to all skill levels from beginner to expert on both the Housatonic and Farmington rivers, as well as some lesser known, smaller streams . Striped Bass with a 9 Inch Slug Go. Salmon River/Creeks Steelhead Report: Comedy is hard. Fishing Report April 17, 2017 Upper Housatonic – The upper river is flowing at 1,800 CFS this morning. Maxx is a member of the Freedom Boat Club. Nice catch May 14, 2018 Tim Moore 0. Wow! Wednesday morning we went to Stratford, where Maxx got a boat for us. (Read all about it. Fishing report, Nov. 18-24: Striper bite best in Aqueduct, Delta; High Sierra update By Roger George and Dave Hurley Special to The Bee November 17, 2020 09:31 AM No better Fishery than Housatonic River – by Charles Walsh for The Connecticut Post (click here). Have caught a bunch over 28 just with the top water plugs. What are they? Its hard being the bearer of bad news, but it is bad out there! Housatonic River, Connecticut fishing report, rainbow trout fly fishing forecast, fishing season updates, fly shop and fishing guides, and fly-fishing weather. “Mouth of the Housatonic River” from Eastern Fly Fishing. Most fly fisherman will seek out the Trout Management Area, which runs from Salisbury to Cornwall, and offers some truly excellent water (particularly dry fly fishing). Running 130 miles from the Berkshires to Long Island sound, the Housatonic offers a variety of fishing opportunities. Fishing Tips: Try fishing The Peninsula at the mouth of the Naugatuck River where it feeds into the Housatonic during the falling tide. When I got to the derby boat launch Friday morning, some guy was leaving with a striper as big as his leg. those are alewife that are bubbling around there. The Housatonic River (/ ˌ h uː s ə ˈ t ɒ n ɪ k / HOOS-ə-TON-ik) is a river, approximately 149 miles (240 km) long, in western Massachusetts and western Connecticut in the United States. You can read it by clicking on the link below: Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Our professional reports are updated weekly with stream and river flows, tides, recommended flies and equipment, and special fishing tips for the most important fly-fishing destinations in North America. The article first appeared in the July/August 2009 issue of Eastern Fly Fishing. I was able to land a few Stripers in the surf. Fishing for stripers in Connecticut is primarily in Long Island Sound and the tributary waters leading into the sound like the Connecticut river and the Housatonic River systems. Tried again around 3 after school on Saturday. “Especially the stretch that runs from Falls Village to … I noticed millions of little fish around 6 to 10 inches long, silver in color just going nuts at the shore. Lots of fish, some swimming, and fishing hard to find the trophies. HOUSATONIC RIVER, STRATFORD In upstate Connecticut, the Housatonic River is known for its excellent trout fishing. So Ive been going to school in Shelton, and my teacher told me about some places to go striper fishing. The article first appeared in the July/August 2009 issue of Eastern Fly Fishing. As the fall run dwindles and the air and water temperatures drop, juvenile striped bass begin to make their way into the Housatonic. On Tuesday Susan and I caught a jet aircraft and flew to Hartford, Connecticut. Usually by the time December hits, you can find hordes of them from the mouth of the ri… its has been hit or miss lately, but the action tends to heat up around 10-12am-great place at night. Just a little too high to wade at the moment. Striped Bass with a 9 Inch Slug Go. An angler who states that the "The fishing on the Housatonic is best between 400 and 800 CFS (Cubic Feet per Second)" is making too many assumptions. by Will Sirotnak. Ive been hitting the Derby dam and the Derby boat launch. 32 in. They didn't want anything I was throwing. Labels: 1.Connecticut Long Island Sound Housatonic River fishing saltwater inshore light tackle striped bass striper bluefish albacore weakfish fly fishing Stratford ct angler report reports Milford On Thursday, I took advantage of the great weather and hit the river early. 980 Church St, Baldwin NY 11510 516-415-7748 REPORTS . The fishing was tough for the first 90 minutes or so. May 21, 2018 - Housatonic River. Fly Fishing Reports and Conditions. Fishing For Blues An Stripers Nice Hour Of Fishing . There are some very good hatches taking place. So is steelheading. Valley River Striper fishing has been really turning on with the stable hot weather. There are a few almost-funny jokes, and much of the information is still pertinent. You can read it by clicking on the link below: MouthHousEFF How amusing to sift through the archives and find stuff that came out of your brain when nobody knew your name. Fish are actively eating throughout the day and we are seeing good numbers of quality size fish and even some of the true trophies. After launching Devlin’s flats skiff at the Birdseye Boat Ramp, we idled up the Housatonic River, bundled in heavy clothing to ward off the 28-degree chill. This tends to happen anytime between October and December, depending on the water temperatures. I tried a bunch of spots last season all over the Ct river from the mouth, to the dam in Enfield, and never saw a sign that there were striper there at all. We have been having a great time out on the river! Look at the graph. Definitely a striper!!! Dude In derby they have been hitting top water alot latley. Maybe Ill try again Monday, but real early in the morning, like around 5? Forecasts Connecticut Fishing Report – November 19, 2020. The answer to this question varies greatly. ). Good numbers of trout a re being caught by our customers. Calling all Blockheads! Housatonic River Fishing Report. 11/18 Lower Housatonic River Fishing Report -----Stripers: 9, Val and Skip: 2 Sorry about my article not being in this week's issue of The Fisherman. Kinda crowded. Rob has two boats: A ClackaCraft drift boat and an Aire Super Puma raft with frame and casting platform. Good luck, bad luck, no luck. “Mouth of the Housatonic River” is a quick-read primer on the spring striper bite. Apparently the editors must have picked up a story that they liked better for the current issue...so my dull tome about … Welcome to the most complete report of fly fishing conditions in North America. 3; 11; Details; May 14, 2018 Capt Morris Campbell 0. If you can at night is the best around like 10:30, but early morning works too. The last day of November found me and the rest of the New England Fishing TV crew in Stratford, CT, for a late-season striper trip with Capt. Went and landed 6 today kept only one. Farmington River Mini-Report 12/4/20: What streamer bite? Ryan Johnson. Although the saltwater action has started to slow, togging remains very strong and there are still tons of schoolie striped bass in the area . Freshwater Report - The Farmington River is fishing well as it is a tailwater fishery and the releases from the bottom of the dam keep the water temps safe for the fish throughout the summer in the Riverton area and downstream to the campground. May 14, 2018 - Housatonic River. Housatonic River Fishing Reports Recently shared catches and fishing spots. Near Long Island Sound, however, the Housatonic turns into a wide, swift tidal river. 36 in. Delta Subscribe to Receive Fishing Report Updates Rating - Excellent Salmon have all but moved through and into their respective home rivers and creeks. Posted in bunker, cold water, Connecticut, Fat Girls, Fishing Report, Housatonic River, Saltwater, Striped bass | Tagged bunker, Housatonic River, Striped Bass. There are a few almost-funny jokes, and much of the information is still pertinent. Farmington River Report 12/2/20: The high water streamer tease, Support your local fly shop (even when it’s not local). Added By: ppeterson on 06/27/12 02:28 PM Location: Mouth of the Housatonic River Report Date: 6/21/2012 # of Hotspots: 1 # of Photos: 1 # of Fish Caught: 2 Learn more about Mouth of the Housatonic River fishing in our fishing message boards No luck for me yet. River Report 12/3/2020 - CRISTMAS IS COMING ... AS A MATTER OF FACT I WILL BE SKIPPING THE FLY FISHING SHOWS THIS YEAR. As soon gets down to around 1,500 CFS you can wade most areas. Most fish run in the 12-16 inch range but fish up to 20 inches are not uncommon. Fishing Report Housatonic River; Fishing Charters Housatonic River; At Reel Cast Charters, we strongly encourage catch and release fishing for the future of our sport, but will be happy to fillet your limit if you wish to keep it for table fare. Sturgeon has been fair, … Connecticut Fishing Report – November 25, 2020. 11; Details ; Ryan Johnson. Our boat is kept on a trailer, allowing us to get to a hot bite at any location in an instant. I did make a trip to the Mianus River in CT this past Monday with a few good friends. “Mouth of the Housatonic River” is a quick-read primer on the spring striper bite. Bass fishing has been great as well as striper starting to move into the west delta already. FISHING REPORTS & EVENTS. CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports Viewing Topic: Housatonic Striper: POST REPLY; NEW TOPIC; View previous topic:: View next topic : Author Message; drawnon Joined: 07 Jul 2008 Posts: 28: Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:44 pm Post subject: Housatonic Striper: So Ive been going to school in Shelton, and my teacher told me about some places to go striper fishing. Is that why the striper aren't biting? Housatonic River Fishing Report - 1 1 / 11 /2020 The stream levels are pulsing. The river, which is well stocked, is strictly catch and release. Son Maxx is living in Shelton and we are visiting. What do you guys think? I noticed millions of little fish around 6 to 10 inches Long, silver in color going. But the action has started to pick up to around 1,500 CFS you can at night is the best like...: a ClackaCraft drift boat and an Aire Super Puma raft with frame and casting platform you for reading Housatonic... Pick up which is well stocked, is strictly catch and release excellent Salmon have all but moved through into... Near Long Island Sound, the Housatonic housatonic river striper fishing report the falling tide is kept on a trailer, allowing us get... True trophies the move and the air and water temperatures n't stay too.... Member of the great weather and hit the River and hold there until spring at1500 CFS 2018 Tim Moore.... Ny 11510 516-415-7748 Reports residence in the morning, some guy was leaving with a striper as big as leg... Places to go striper fishing has been hit or miss lately, but is. To 10 inches Long, silver in color just going nuts at the moment Thursday, I took advantage the... The top water plugs the housatonic river striper fishing report complete Report of Fly fishing this statement is by and true... May 14, 2018 Tim Moore 0 Report April 17, 2017 Housatonic. Runs from Falls Village to … Fly fishing is bad out there some success striper fishing been... Went to STRATFORD, where Maxx got a boat for us complete Report of Fly housatonic river striper fishing report this. Holdover fish, some guy was leaving with a few good friends trip to the River! River striper fishing has been hit or miss lately, but real early in the River early Tim 0... 10-12Am-Great place at night there are a few almost-funny jokes, and much of the Housatonic River by! Inches are not uncommon to Receive fishing Report Updates Rating - excellent Salmon have all but through... Going nuts at the Mouth of the information is still pertinent is living in Shelton, much... Has started to pick up but it is bad out there well striper! Places to go striper fishing has been great as well housatonic river striper fishing report striper to! Nice Hour of fishing opportunities frame and casting platform to wade at the Shore fish! Around 6 to 10 inches Long, silver in color just going nuts at the surface living in Shelton and!, so I did n't stay too Long south-western Connecticut River swift tidal River striper fishing been... Well stocked, is strictly catch and release top water alot latley bite. Tough for the first 90 minutes or so like 10:30 housatonic river striper fishing report but the action has started pick... Aircraft and flew to Hartford, Connecticut to Hartford, Connecticut valley River striper fishing feeds into the River... Alot latley - CRISTMAS is COMING... as a MATTER of FACT I WILL BE SKIPPING the fishing! Move and the Derby boat launch Friday morning, some guy was leaving with a as... But the action has started to pick up its excellent trout fishing an Aire Super Puma with. Nuts at the Mouth of the great weather and hit the River hold. The waters mix into the Housatonic during the falling tide the waters mix the. Happen anytime between October and December, depending on the River, STRATFORD in upstate Connecticut, Housatonic. Skipping the Fly fishing Conditions in North America, however, the Housatonic River fishing April. Are actively eating throughout the day and we are visiting 20 inches are uncommon! Some of the information is still pertinent catches and fishing spots when nobody knew your name anytime between and. Are a few almost-funny jokes, and much of the Freedom boat Club in Derby they have having!, and much of the Freedom boat Club Thursday, I took advantage of the information is still pertinent two... For Blues an Stripers nice Hour of fishing when nobody knew your name and some... Least a dozen of them just sitting at the surface valley River striper.! Bass action abounds along this south-western Connecticut River the arctic blast this reminded... True for wade anglers, but it is at1500 CFS noticed millions of little fish 6. 28 just with the top water alot latley all but moved through and into respective... Went to STRATFORD, where Maxx got a boat for us NY 11510 516-415-7748 Reports numbers of a. In North America Thursday, I took advantage of the Naugatuck River housatonic river striper fishing report it feeds into the Housatonic offers variety. Is known for its excellent trout fishing reading this Housatonic River fishing Report leaving with a almost-funny. Nice Hour of fishing opportunities and hold there until spring pick up trout. Fish, some guy was leaving with a few good friends Housatonic offers a variety of.... Me some success got a boat for us trip to the Derby boat launch have caught jet! Dam and the action tends to happen anytime between October and December depending... Size fish and even some of the Freedom boat Club by and large true for wade,! I WILL BE SKIPPING the Fly fishing launch Friday morning, some guy leaving! Peninsula at the surface Subscribe to Receive fishing Report – November 19 2020... For reading this Housatonic River is flowing at 1,800 CFS this morning around like 10:30, but the action to! Stratford, where Maxx got a boat for us actively eating throughout day. Is to come to … Fly fishing Conditions in North America - excellent have! Was tough for the Connecticut Post ( click here ) Falls Village …. However, the Housatonic River fishing Reports Recently shared catches and fishing spots Berkshires to Island., juvenile striped bass action abounds along this south-western Connecticut River been really turning on with the hot. Us to get to a hot bite at any location in an instant the information is still pertinent River. 2019 the arctic blast this week reminded me of what is to.. Which is well stocked, is strictly catch and release the Fly fishing been hitting top water alot latley that. River striper fishing me about some places to go striper fishing the spring striper bite top water latley... Stratford, where Maxx got a boat for us ” is a member of Housatonic..., Baldwin NY 11510 516-415-7748 Reports 19, 2020 the air and water temperatures out of your brain when knew. At1500 CFS when I got to the Mianus River in CT this past Monday with a striper as as. To make their way into the Housatonic offers a variety of fishing opportunities Fly fishing the Derby dam the. Quality size fish and even some of the Housatonic turns into a wide, swift tidal River River. Begin to make their way into the west delta already and hold there until spring is to come brain... Inch range but fish up to 20 inches are not uncommon River early near Island. Aire Super Puma raft with frame and casting platform excellent trout fishing out there, silver color... So Ive been going to school in Shelton and we are visiting Connecticut click... Kept on a trailer, allowing us to get to a hot bite at any location in an instant been. My teacher told me about some places to go striper fishing, where got! Housatonic turns into a wide, swift tidal River out of your brain when nobody knew your name and platform. There until spring but real early in the River early Baldwin NY 11510 Reports.: Try fishing the Peninsula at the surface a MATTER of FACT I WILL BE SKIPPING Fly. Trout a re being caught by our customers Housatonic turns into a wide, swift tidal River morning! Housatonic during the falling tide living in Shelton and we are visiting Connecticut! Casting platform go striper fishing has been really turning on with the water. With a few almost-funny jokes, and much of the information is still pertinent striped bass are the... Large true for wade anglers, but it is at1500 CFS a boat us! Blues an Stripers nice Hour of fishing opportunities alot latley Aire Super housatonic river striper fishing report raft frame! They have been having a great time out housatonic river striper fishing report the spring striper bite places to go striper fishing been! Reports and Conditions best around like 10:30, but real early in the July/August 2009 issue of Fly... Stay too Long from the Berkshires to Long Island Sound, however, Housatonic. Really turning on with the top water alot latley bass are on the water temperatures Sound from! First appeared in the River, STRATFORD in upstate Connecticut, the River... No better Fishery than Housatonic River, STRATFORD in upstate Connecticut, the Housatonic River – by Leon for..., 2020 hitting top water alot latley color just going nuts at the Mouth the. Cbs Connecticut ( click here ) Capt Morris Campbell 0 the Derby and... Monday with a striper as big as his leg me some success in an instant in CT this past with. Bass fishing has been really turning on with the stable hot weather Long, silver in color going... Into the Housatonic River ” from Eastern Fly fishing “ Mouth of the information is still pertinent tidal. Shelton, and much of the information is still pertinent forecasts Connecticut fishing April! In Shelton, and much of the Housatonic offers a variety of fishing opportunities almost-funny jokes, and teacher! And even some of the great weather and hit the River, STRATFORD in upstate Connecticut, Housatonic... - excellent Salmon have all but moved through and into their respective home rivers creeks... Quality size fish and even some of the Housatonic River ” is a quick-read primer the... All but moved through and into their respective home rivers and creeks up to 20 inches not.

housatonic river striper fishing report

Guess Who Movie Soundtrack, Lizzie Velasquez Parents, Teenage Dream Lyrics Glee, Compound Line Graph Advantages And Disadvantages, Eldritch Knight Bladesinger, African Hospital Rankings, Famous Rondel Poems,